the Planning, Design
of California Public Schools
[ Home ] [ Mission ] [ Membership ] [ Members ] [ Leadership ] [ News ] [ Handbook ] [ Events ] [ Resources ] [ Contact Us ] [ Members Only ]
in the Association of California Construction Managers is open to firms and
individuals sharing a common interest in the promotion of construction
management as a professional service. The Association's membership represents a
broad spectrum of the construction industry.
ACCM members receive regular updates and alerts on all legislative and state issues
of importance in the construction arena.
meetings, workshops and conferences with guest speakers provide a forum for
construction managers and Districts to voice their concerns and gain helpful
information that directly affects school facilities construction.
membership provides a
great opportunity to network and to share your thoughts and knowledge with state
officials and fellow construction managers on important issues pertaining to
school facilities construction.
- Supported AB 1120 (Niello) to provide incentives from the Division of the State Architect (DSA) for school district constructability reviews. Unfortunately, the bill was vetoed by the Governor.
- Successfully opposed SB 694 (Correa) that would have instituted bidding for the Lease-Leaseback delivery method.
- Advocated for state bond sales to release funds for unfunded but approved construction and modernization projects.
- Released and placed online the updated ACCM Model RFP/RFQ guidelines for school district use.
- Supported legislation to increase School Facility Program (SFP) grant levels, clarify CM licensure, authorize SPI to perform complete schools analysis, and simplify community college construction review.
- Amended legislation to protect CM at-risk for schools.
- Opposed legislation to remove local authority over IORs, to restrict funding for districts that chose not to reuse plans, and to eliminate local oversight of prevailing wage.
- Hosted interdisciplinary meeting on The Effect of DSA Procedures on Alternative Delivery Methods.
- Implemented ACCM seat on DSA Advisory Board.
- Produced RFQ-RFP guidelines for school districts.
- Amended legislation to support Lease-Leaseback for schools.
- Lobbied DIR on CM perspective regarding off-site fabrication wage decisions.
As a statewide organizaiton, one of the most valuable benefits you will receive is that ACCM represents you on industry issues, even when you cannot be present. Whether it's school facility grant levels, alternative delivery method options, or scope of practice issues, ACCM will be at the table in negotiating the future of construction management practive for the K-14 education facility industry.
We encourage you to join in the growing momentum of influence and activities of the Assocation of California Construction Managers!
Please click here to download a membership application.
You may fax, mail, or email your membership application to Jessica Contreras at:
1303 J Street, Suite 520
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 441-3893
Phone: (916) 441-3300